Skip to main content

The Touché – 2


"Gaushala, Chabel, Chakrapath, Buspark…" a conductor called out loud signaling me and the bus honked, "Peep! Peep! "
I took a quick survey; not crowded enough. Also, I did not see 'The reason' in the lot. I shook my head in denial.
Just then another bus honked by. I held my hand out to stop it. I ran inside the bus, looked both sides and before the conductor came in, I jumped out without a word. Not that it mattered to me but I blurted out, "I'm going to Bouddha."

After a mundane day at college, I was at one of the illegal bus stand at Tinkune waiting for a bus. But it seemed there was no more of an adventure in the bus.
Feeling rats scurrying inside me, I decided to catch the next bus before elephants started trumpeting.
"Chakrapath-Chakrapath-Chakrapath… Aayo 'non-stop Express Bhaale gaadi!" the conductor announced.
"No 'Pothi', no fun' I whispered as I saw a chick on tight jeans. Ha-ha!
I pushed my way through her – my best pat. (Smiley). I saw her face and all my enthusiasm committed suicide deep inside me.
"A coke with a broken cap!" I told myself.
At the next stand, I got down and let people get out. I stepped inside and stood in the top step of the stair by the door. I fished my pockets for my cell phone, checked the time. I was late.
"Aafai jaau na vaai!" A female voice penetrated my ears. I turned towards her.
"Euta khutta chai timro taukoma rakhne ho vaai?" I spoke in support of her. He kept quiet. She stretched her lips. WOW!!!
A pony tail of straight, colored hair. Light make up on face. Tight-red vest. Tight pants. A stylish hand bag hung itself on her fragile left arm. But the most beautiful thing on her body was something else- her bare cleavage!
No matter how much I tried, I could not help but look back there. I pretended looking outside but as she was one step below me, I got a clear-cut view of her enchanting cleavage. At one point I thought she knew what I was doing. But as she did not respond, I took it as she did not know. But what if she knew and… (Backspace!!! SHE. DID NOT. KNOW.)
I was feeling so good! Everything was just perfect. Suddenly the song on the radio was making sense, the lyrics all known to me. I was humming and mumbling and singing every line. Even the news had some weak points and I was the one pointing them out. I was cracking jokes at just everything. And due to some reasons, I could not lower my voice. I knew I was speaking louder than necessary and more unnecessary than necessary. But as I told before, controlling me was not in my control.
Couple of times I was offered a seat. But I offered them to women and elderly people. Folks might have thought me a gentleman but I could not lose a chance to stand next to a bare cleavage at any cost. Also, the journey was going to end; Chabel was coming close.
I got down and took a micro from Chabel to Bouddha. Oh! How much I missed that ride!
As expected the micro was much more crowded. I peeked inside. Whoa! The bare cleavage was there. 'A coincidence that doesn't seem like one' I told myself and crouched in front of her. Another girl came in and nearly sat on my lap! This ride was going to be more interesting!!!
The micro started rocking every possible direction. 'The bare cleavage' held my waist for a support- tight. Without my permission my mind started imagining things I should not have imagined; specially the cleavage part and in no time I was feeling so much uncomfortable.
Another jolt and the girl at my front touched MINE!!! At the same time, I felt a tight grip on my waist. What a situation to be in! An idea clicked on my mind. I placed my bag between my thighs. Two plus points: it prevented further embarrassment and another, my back started feeling pricked by prickly pears! And still she did not remove her hand.
I knew what she was thinking about me. And I was thinking what she was thinking I was thinking.
With a heavy heart, I got down at PeepalBote- entered a fruit seller's- asked for a juice- paid him- got out of the shop and looking both sides crossed the road carefully. By the time I reached the other side of the road I started having a feeling that something was not right. Something out of place or missing but I could not figure out what it was. It was getting dark. 'What time is it now?'
I fished my coat pockets for my cell phone. It was not there. One by one I checked all my pockets even the bag-pockets!


Yeah, this was it. My cell phone had vanished!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

एक चिहान-पात्र परिचय

गोदत्तप्रसाद रञ्जना देवीजस्ती नारीको पति दुई छोराछोरीका बाबु एवम् समाजमा चिकित्सकका रुपमा प्रतिष्ठित व्यक्ति भएर पनि परस्त्रीको रुप र यौवनमाथि गिद्दे दृष्टि लगाउने गोदत्तप्रसाद यस उपन्यासको खलनायक हो । वासनात्मक प्रेमको पाशो थापेर सिधासादा नानीथकँुको कुमारीत्व लुट्न खोज्ने गोदत्तप्रसाद ‘मुखमा राम–राम बगलीमा छुरा’ प्रवृत्तिको धनको लोभी, कामुक, स्वार्थी, भ्रष्ट, अनैतिक, व्यभिचारी र पाशविक चरित्र हो । चिकित्सकजस्तो प्रतिष्ठित व्यक्ति भएर पनि सेवालाई भन्दा पैसालाई महत्व दिने गोदत्त प्रसाद द्रव्य पिशाच चरित्र हो । बाहिर दयालु देखिएर भित्र कपट भएका गोदत्त प्रसाद हाँसी–हाँसी आफ्नो कूटिल चरित्र ढाक्न खोज्ने डाक्टर, षड्यन्त्रकारी, निर्दयी, दुष्ट र कामुक चरित्र हो । डाक्टर भएर पनि छोरीको उमेर सरहकी नानीथकुँको रुप र यौवनप्रति गिद्दे दृष्टि लगाउँदै चरित्र लुट्न दानवीर बनेको षड्यन्त्र गर्ने ऊ जाली, कपटी र पतित चरित्र हो ।

एक चिहान-उद्देश्य(Theme)

उपन्यासको उद्देश्य वा मूल भाव * एक चिहान निम्न वर्गीय किसान मजदुरजस्ता श्रमजीवी नेपालीहरुको जीवनमा आधारित यथार्थवादी र प्रगतिवादी उपन्यास हो । यसमा गरिब नेपालीहरुको विवशता र सङ्घर्षपूर्ण जीवन यथार्थलाई मार्मिक रुपमा प्रस्तुत गरिएको छ । काठमाडौँ सहर र गाउँभित्रको गरिबी, शोषण र बिसङ्गति नै उपन्यासको मूल विषयवस्तु हो । * यस उपन्यासको मूल उद्देश्य रुढिवादी परम्परा, कुसंस्कार, आर्थिक, सामाजिक असमानता र शोषण विरुद्ध सङ्घर्ष गरेर समाजको परिवर्तन वा सुधार गर्नु हो । गरिबीसँग जुध्न र शोषण विरुद्ध विद्रोह गर्न नसके निम्न वर्गको जीवन अभैm जटिल बन्दै जान्छ भन्ने सङ्केत उपन्यासले गरेको छ । अष्ट नारान, शिव नारान र रञ्जना देवीजस्ता पात्रका माध्यमबाट समाज सुधार सम्बन्धि प्रगतिवादी विचार अगाडी सारिएको छ । * यसमा धार्मिक, सांस्कृतिक, अन्धविश्वास, तडकभडक र अरुसँग ऋण लिने मानसिकताको विरोध गर्दै परम्परागत धार्मिक, सांस्कृतिक प्रचलन र दाशताको निन्दा गरिएको छ । काजक्रिया, चाडपर्व, विवाहव्रतबन्धजस्ता काममा दानदक्षिणा, भोजभतेर, दाइजो–उपहारका नाममा फजुल खर्च गर्ने परिपाटीको विरोध गरिएको छ । * गरिबहरु

एक चिहान- मुख्य घटनाक्रम ३

परिच्छेद ३ ·     डाक्टर बोलाउन गएको शिव नारान नफर्किए पछि र अष्ट नारानको व्यथा बढ्दै आएकोले हडबडाएकी लतमायाले पुन नारानलाई पनि डाक्टरकहाँ पठाउन चाहनु , ·   सिकर्मी पुन नारान पेस्की लगेदेखि बेपत्ता भएकोले साहुले उनलाई समात्न घर आउँदा त्यस्तो बेइमानी गर्नु राम्रो होइन भन्नु , ·   आफूले बेइमानी नगरेको तर बाबु बिरामी भएकाले काम गर्न नभ्याएको र ल्याएको पेस्कीले ठूलो काम दिएको हुनाले पुन नारनले ठूलो गुन सम्झेको कुरा विनम्र भएर भन्नु , ·       पुन नारानको अति नम्र कुरा सुनेर प्रतिवाद गर्न नसकेपछि दुवै जना घरबाट निस्कनु , ·       पुन नारान पुग्दा पनि डाक्टर किताब नै हेरि रहेको भेटिनु , ·       पुन नारानबाट बाबुको अवस्था झन बिग्रिएको कुरा सुनेर शिव नारानले डाक्टरलाई फेरी अनुरोध गर्दा डाक्टरले आफूलाई फिस तिर्नु पर्ने कुरा बताउनु , ·        घर पुग्नासाथ फिस तिर्ने कुरा भए पछि डाक्टर बिरामी हेर्न जान राजी हुनु ।